In this workshop we’ll show you some options for building your own academic website with the goal of developing or refining a professional online presence. This can be a site ranging from an online CV or portfolio, to a developmental space to explore digital pedagogy and scholarship, to an alternative class space online.
- Start with WordPress.com – You can also watch how to sign up.
- Domains vs. subdomains – i.e. IDENTITY
- WordPress vs. Weebly (and others)
- Being “Mobile Ready”
- Picking a theme, adding some plugins
- Time to get creative
- To blog, or not to blog…
- To sidebar, or not to sidebar…
- Professional Elements for Faculty – Galleries, Blog, CV, Course Page, Publications
- Functionality of your site – What if you want more —> Hosted WordPress